Monday 20 April 2015

A CINEPHILE'S PARADISE // BREATHLESS //

Hi there,
It's been a while (as per usual), but what counts is that I'm here now. It's quite a frantic time for me at the moment - exams and choosing high school. You see the schooling system here in Poland is a bit different then in the UK and the US. I won't go into detail,but I am a UK year 10 and I think I'm a US freshman or sophomore?

Anyhow, I recently watched a superb French New Wave film called ''À bout de souffle''. (the English title is "Breathless")
It's a 1960 movie directed by the legendary Jean-Luc Godard. Although the plot is something very extraordinary, I felt that there was more to the story than there was in reality. It seemed to have a hidden deeper meaning, other than the escaping criminal,the love story and so on... I understood it as the realms of reality then (1960) and could easily realte to today's society. If you're in the mood for a 'reflective comedy' or one might s
ay 'more ambitious' than this is definitely the movie  for you!
Technically speaking, the film made a great impact on French cinema because of its bold visual style and the innovative use of jump cuts. I agree a 100% !!!
 
ALSO be sure to check out my FB page...  ART CLAN
 
Here are some superb shots from the film... ENJOY ;)
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment